In ten days I get to go visit my sweetie in Texas for Valentine's weekend! I am thrilled! I don't know how much I will get to see of Neal, but I am going and hoping his chain of command is lenient. Neal keeps telling me not to get my hopes up but to keep my fingers crossed. I am happy to go see the Alamo and take my video camera so I can film footage for my fifth grade class to see. I teach about it every year and I am excited to see the actual place. I also get to cross one more state off of my 50 states to see before I die list. Even if Neal doesn't get the weekend off I am going to stay in a cool 1908 b&b. When I was in college my Grandma Clarke and I used to go to a b&b in Logan, Utah. It was always silly trying to make reservations for it and try to explain to the receptionist that I was coming with my grandma and we didn't need the couples suite. This time I may be there by myself, (hopefully not :))but I am going to have a weekend of pampering! A cuush bed and big jetted tub. Ah, bliss!
Caleb will be staying at my aunt Marla's house again. He loves to spend time with her, and I am grateful for her helping out.
P.S. I know I am traveling on Friday the 13th, my fifth graders keep telling me all the things I should be worried about. Oh well it is definitely worth it!
Prevention
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment