Wednesday, January 14, 2009

10 Days and Counting...

So one of my goals for the new year was to become a healthier person. Long story short... a year and a few months ago I was at my ideal weight, then I had a few health problems, my grandma passed away, my brother went to Iraq, Neal was looking for a job, and I had a rather stressful life. My doctor adjusted a few of my medications and wham-o! I gained 40 pounds. Truly devastating to me because it took me so long to be at my ideal weight. So once again I am back in the diet/exercise roller coaster. I know it is possible to do and my size 5 dress is calling in my closet.
I started my new fitness plan 10 days ago. My brother was going to be my drill seargeant, but after him calling me fatty one too many times, I let him resign from his job! He was helpful though, and I intend to stick to it. My ultimate goal is to be back where I was so that I can have another baby (no mom and dad- this is not an announcement!) I truly want a little girl to dress up, and this is one step in my plan to get there.
So my plan is this... I came across a website that calculates your fitness and nutrition (www.sparkpeople.com) and it is totally free. Then it litters my inbox once a day with tips and recipes and encourages me to keep going. I am doing a combination of South Beach/ Weight Watchers/ Lo Cal/ Mucho Grande Exercise/ Jillian Michaels/ yucko I hate this diet! Thus far I am doing well. I will keep you posted...

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Ugh! I'm right there with you. I actually got my belly rubbed at church (like they thought I was pregnant) and I knew the time had come--I started trying to lose weight again too. I even gave up my beloved Diet Coke! Hopefully I'll see results soon!

Yanilza Groberg said...

That,s awesome! I just stared running
again.