This weekend I left Caleb at a babysitters and my friend Linda and I went to our first quilt of the month class. I am going to be lost for sure. The lady said this was an easy square this month- ya right! Linda will have to help me step by step! While we were at the quilt shop I bought material for the crib bedding for our nursery. Super cute! I am so excited about the cute materials that I got. Then we went to Lowe's to buy paint so I could work on my drawer painting project. Then we went to Target and bought a sewing machine that can keep up with me better. I went home and got right to my projects during Caleb's naptime. My quilt project that has been on hold for over a year is back in progress. The manly bag I am making for Caleb has the nextstep completed. The drawer is dotted. I don't know if I like it or not. Caleb likes it, but he is two and likes anything. Hmm...
The material
The manly boy bag
3 comments:
The fabrics are cute. I don't like the dresser though... too many dots (it would be better fewer) and I'm not sure the green is the right color. I personally would paint the whole dresser brown with no dots, but if you want dots - just go with less than you have now.
I love all of the fabrics you have chosen. Good luck with the quilt class. My sister did one and learned a lot and loved it! Maybe this summer you could start a quilt group for SH! :)
It might be a good thing that Caleb, despite his age, likes everything. Better at least than not liking anything at all. =) I'm anxious to see how the fabrics turn out once everything is completed for the crib. I always love your choices in anything... especially when it comes to decorating because you have a knack for making anything and everything look awesome.
You're right though. Looking at the picture again it looks like there are far too many dots. Fewer dots or bigger dots might suffice. I know you'll come up with something that looks great though.
Like Britney said, maybe you could start a quilt group this summer while I spend my time with Caleb and make your life as free as possible. I'll happily do anything as long as it means I'm finally at home!
I look forward to seeing Caleb's "manly" bag once its finally finished.
Post a Comment