Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Homeward Bound?








On Friday Caleb and I went to Provo to visit with Neal’s parents and two of Neal’s siblings families. We ate dinner and Caleb had fun bouncing on the bed with his cousins. On the way home Caleb made me “STOP THE CAR!” to get some apple juice at McDonald’s.
The next morning Caleb woke up to play with his cousins Austin, Tyler, and Nathan who came late Friday night. Sam and Kat and their boys are staying with us for a few weeks while Sam is at a training in Pleasant Grove in preparation for deployment to Afghanistan.
On Saturday we went to Kangaroo Zoo. Caleb had fun jumping, bouncing, and sliding around.
Then we ate a quick lunch at Caleb’s favorite place- McDonald’s. Then we went for a quick haircut and nap. Caleb just kept sleeping and sleeping. He didn’t wake up until 7:00 p.m. and then had a late night. What fun! I did get to paint a little though while he was napping.
On Sunday Caleb was excited to sit next to his granny at church. After church we had a yummy soup and spent the afternoon talking.
Neal is gone for the week to a training. He can’t call all week. ☹ We will miss talking to him. He is still on medical hold and can’t wait for the army to tell him their plans for him. He has been bored for the last five weeks while they decide. I am sad that he isn’t coming home. Before all of this medical holding I at least had a time line. I could live with that. Now there is just waiting, and we can’t wait for him to come home. If he can’t come home then some how, some way I will make it to Texas with Caleb for Spring Break.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

How fun! I didn't know that you were interested in quilting--that's my latest thing too : ). I'd love to come over and see your projects!