This weekend I attempted to mow the lawn, it wasn't so bad in the front. The sides started to turn into the Amazon and the back is a complete hay field. I gave up when it started to rain and the mower quit for the umpteenth time. Last night I decided I better get it done before it rains again. Poor little Caleb was bored out of his mind watching me and being called back to the yard. I finished the beast after many prayers being offered in behalf of the sputtering mower. I went to wash off my green feet and called Neal to tell him this is a chore I give up on. I never really mowed the lawn growing up, that was my brother David's job. (I was too afraid of running over grasshoppers.) When Neal was gone last fall we paid someone to do it, and then my neighbor's helped out. I can't ask them to do that again though.
Neal arranged for a teenager to come tackle the weekly beast for me until he gets home. The amazon is not for the faint of heart. I know that I am a wimp, but this is a job I don't want to handle.
No comments:
Post a Comment