Friday, May 8, 2009

A Ray of Sunshine

This evening as I came home from a long and very exhausting week I glanced at my blooming weed garden and noticed a particularly pretty weed. Upon closer inspection I saw that the weed wasn't a weed at all, but the lily of the valley that I transplanted from my grandma's yard last summer. I didn't think it had survived. I dug it up from her yard and carried it to Utah in an icecream bucket. I planted it in July and it was so hot it just withered away. The roots must've taken hold though and I am so happy to have a part of her beautiful yard in my yard. It reminds me that we all have a strong root system somewhere even though the outside may appear to be weak and fragile. We always come back more beautiful. The time that Neal has been gone hasn't been easy, but because we have strong roots keeping us together we will survive the "heat" and the "storm" and come back even better than before.

No comments: