Tuesday, April 21, 2009

When I Say Cool, You Say Sweet!

This week has been amazing to have Neal back in our home! We are so glad the army let him have a couple weeks off to spend with us!
On the 11th I took Caleb to the airport to pick up Neal. He had no idea that Neal was coming home, but as soon as we pulled into the airport parking garage he kept yelling, "Daddy! Daddy!" Can't fool a three year old I guess. We walked through the terminal and as soon as Caleb saw Neal he made a beeline for him. He hasn't let go of him since!We spent Easter at home and had my Dad, Aunt Marla, her friend Gayle, and Gayle's aunt and mom over for dinner. It was so yummy. I felt lazy because all I had made was the ham and dessert. It was good to have them over though.
On Tuesday we didn't do a whole lot except I went to my friend Melissa's house and her sister cut my hair. It is short, but I like spending a lot less time with it. It was time for a change. I have had the same hairdo since Caleb was born.Then on Wednesday we went to the Discovery Gateway Museum and took our neighbor Bailey with us. Caleb and Bailey had a fun time, but it was a little too crowded for us. Too many elementary school children for me. I did want to enjoy my vacation time! On the way home we stopped at my fav fabric store so I can keep working on a quilting project.
On Thursday my mom and step dad came for a visit. We went shopping! I am having so much fun decorating my room. We went to Rodworks, and Tai Pan. I found a few goodies for my room. Then we had dinner with my step sister Hannah.
On Friday, after mom went to dialysis, we went shopping again to Ikea. I found a cute lamp and my mom got the same one in a different color. Then we went and bought crown molding for my nursery room project. I know it will be such a lovely room when it is all finished. I think I may even move in there. (Just kidding Neal!)
Friday afternoon we met my sister-in-law Emery and her boys for lunch.
On Sunday we had my aunt Marla over for dinner and to play the Wii.
Then I had to go back to school. Caleb and Neal are enjoying their time together. They came to visit my class. Tonight we are going to pick out flowers for our yard. It has been a good week. We don't want him to go back. We keep praying that all of this time away from each other will end soon... hopefully everything is okay with his heart. We will take him either way!

4 comments:

Melissa Durtschi said...

I am so glad for you and your family! It is so great to have your honey back, even for a short time.

I am so grateful to teach with you. You are such a sweetheart!

We love you guys!
-Melissa

Emily said...

I'm glad you're having such a great week.

I heard so many great things about Tai Pan and was SO disappointed. I would like to go to Rod Works one day and I love Ikea. You need to post pictures of the stuff you're doing. And your hair.

Kerri said...

It is great to have him home. Good for you!

Proud Papa said...

It was definitely a fantastic visit with plenty to do! Time flew by and I'm back in Texas now but I'm anxiously awaiting returning to duty to get home soon. I start on Friday (May 8th) and graduate around July 2.

If I don't get out soon Caleb may actually convince Katie to come break me out of Texas and bring me home!

I miss you guys and will be back soon.

xoxoxo