Friday, October 31, 2008

My Little Chickie- Halloween!




So the day started off crazy- I locked my keys in my car after I dropped Caleb off to daycare. I felt so retarded. That is a Neal thing to do, not a Katie thing. I had to call the police for help, and I was late for school. Thanks to help from my team for taking my class until I got there.
My team and I dressed up as bugs this year (and a frog). We had fun making tutus and being a kid again.
I made Caleb's outfit this year. I thought I would save money by making it myself, but it probably would've been cheaper to buy it. Note to self for next year.
I found the idea from a Parenting magazine I get. I took a large white sweatshirt and cut the sleeves off. I used a glue gun to turn the edges down and then I made a hat out of the sleeves. I also glued a red stuffed glove to the top of the hat. Then I glued a couple of feather boas to the shirt. He wore an orange shirt and pants and yellow rain boots. I had to bribe him to wear it, but I figure it is the last year I get to decide what he wears because he will probably be telling me what he wants next year.
Trick-or-treating was a battle. I had to coax the poor chicken out of the house. Then he had a blast yelling "twickertweet!" He made me transport him between houses and he kept leaving his white feathers on my black costume. Then it started to rain and the little bird wanted to go home. One of my neighbors corrected me though, and said that Caleb was not a chicken, but a rooster instead. I laughed everytime he bounced or jumped and his feathers went flying. He had a great Halloween!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Haha. Caleb looks so cute in his shicken/rooster costume :)

Emily said...

*chicken (it's too early to be typing!)

Yanilza Groberg said...

Caleb is sure so so cute! I am surprised he got his rooster hat on, even for pictures! Maybe James is the only one that won't put a hat on.